Friday, 27 February 2015

28th February

Civilized Dragon Project:

Today I gathered my drawings into a sketch dump of sorts.A couple of my peers also drew some ideas of how the dragons look in their mind. (Not sure if they want those images up so I wont add them for now)

The sketch dump of the dragons are also in the scraps of my DA here if you want to see closer


I was suggested to experiment with larger shapes as the base for the dragons and was given some examples of concepts with shapes.This is all to have a more appealing design overall starting from the silhouette.


I started with a triangle and put in smaller shapes around it to make arms,legs,head,and tail.Then for the details I looked at a dragon from Wakfu.I thought this would help me decide what things I like about the dragon that I use/develop onto my dragon race later on.
Then I used a circle along with Xiaolin Showdown's Dragon Dojo style to create a more eastern looking dragon.
Next with the square I tried something quite different.I used Vaporeon from Pokemon as a dragon reference.I think although the dragon as a whole doesn't look right there's something about it I could use later.I feel the whole water themed dragons have a certain elegance and serenity about them and that might help with my whole peaceful dragon idea.
Lastly for today I used the common bean shape and used a base similar to My Little Pony.
I think that this type of dragon could be the children dragon race and that the first two are quite elder looking.




Personal Projects:
Today I finished the forth part of my comic Rogues and Heroes.
Click here to check the comic from the start out on deviant art if you like
I've been slowly working on this part of the comic since course started and I had quite a bit of trouble with some perspective issues as well as story telling issues of how many panels I needed to get the ideas I wanted across.





No comments:

Post a Comment