Civilized Dragon Project:
Today I worked on using more shapes to create dragons.The dragons also use features from other styles or dragons I like from shows or movies.
The next four dragons:
The first one I worked on today was a diamond shaped dragon,I also used Appa as a reference for the details.Though the toes and the idea of fur for a dragon were interesting it didn't work out as well as I had hoped.
Next I drew a right angled triangle to use as a base for a dragon.I used Acnologia from Fairytail as a reference for its features.I think the triangle shape worked quite well and even looks a bit bunyip like.I found the white circle eye quite interesting and I may use it later.
After that I used a flatter triangle as a base and had Mushu from Mulan as a detail reference.To me the silhouette is interesting but overall I don't like how it looks aside from that.
Finally I tried an upside down bean shape as a base and looked up a few anatomy guides.
I think the neck and head posture has a nice civilized or proud feel to it.
Click here to see the dragons in more detail
Click here to see the dragons in more detail
I feel as though the two dragons below could be a mother and son/daughter walking through the street.
Below are reference images to what the original characters looked like. ( In order of appearance)





No comments:
Post a Comment