Sunday, 1 March 2015

2nd March

Today we got refreshers on focus points and camera side in class among other things.

I began writing the script today,I decided that since I've hit a bit of a wall with character design I would start doing the script and storyboard to help me get a better grasp of characters and ideas.

Environment and Ideas:
I feel I will need to work on the environmental side of things soon as I need to decide on a look for the dragon city.I imagine the streets of the city being cobble and with different shaped buildings for different dragons although the dragons could all be about the same size.

The valley I imagine as a grassy landscape surrounded by mountains and hills with the city in the center.

When I imagined the human attack I thought of silhouettes of masked characters with glowing eyes running down almost together as a messy wave of masks and limbs flailing.

I imagined the Dragon guards as upright bipedal dragons with tall hats and whistles like old timely policemen.


Script : (So far)

Fade In:
EXT. VALLEY,DRAGON CITY - AFTERNOON
A walled off Dragon city surrounded by hills deep in the valley and mountains. Faint sounds of the city in the distance fade in.

EXT. DRAGON CITY,STREET - AFTERNOON

The street is bustling with all sorts of different members of the civilized dragon race going about their daily lives.
One big dragon character,An old ELDERLY DRAGON hobbles through the street with his cane watching the other dragons around him pass by as he slowly makes his way through the street.
The ELDERLY DRAGON squints as something gets caught in the reflection of his glasses.
The ELDERLY DRAGON looks up from the city

ELDERLY DRAGON
"Huh?"

(EXT. VALLEY,HILLS - SUNSET)

Towards the hills he notices the silhouette of a figure rise from over the hill on the horizon.
The figure appears hunched over and brute-like.
Several other figures pop out from over the hill and he notices they are all wearing masks.


EXT. DRAGON CITY,STREET - SUNSET

The ELDERLY DRAGON'S expression quickly turns grim and he is shocked and begins to panic about what he has seen.
Fumbling his words the ELDERLY DRAGON cries out

ELDERLY DRAGON
"Humans! The humans are attacking!"

The once bustling busy street of the dragon city turns into panic and fear. The residents quickly run to hide indoors.
GUARD DRAGONS that look like policemen with tall hats head through the escaping crowd in the opposite direction to defend the city from the HUMANS.
The GUARD DRAGONS arrive at the city gate,looking for the incoming HUMANS.

(EXT. VALLEY,HILLS - SUNSET)
Hordes of HUMANS run down from the hills menacingly and prepare for battle.

EXT. DRAGON CITY,STREET - SUNSET

The GUARDS realize they are greatly outnumbered by the amount of HUMANS about to attack.


Dialogue:

For the second assessment I'm thinking of using the main character,The elderly dragon as he is the one with the most screen time and a good representative of the race as he would be proper,peaceful and usually calm and easygoing.
Dialogue along the lines of "Top notch lemonade dear!" or something along those lines would work I think but I will give it more thought as I work on the project more.

Personal Project:


I did not get much done on the comic today but I rearranged some panels and redrew some of the sketches for clarity.I will also work on the dialogue for it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment