Wednesday, 4 March 2015

5th March

Today I  started by answering most of the key questions,I couldn't answer them all due to not having chosen a style yet.

KEY QUESTIONS:

HOW DOES THE USE OF ART STYLE ADD VISUAL IMPACT?
HOW DOES THE USE OF  COLOUR ADD VISUAL IMPACT?
The colours are used not only to represent the time of day but also the mood and emotions felt at the time. For example the beginning  in the city is bright and peaceful with a mix of warm and cool colours. The city during the attack is at sunset creating longer shadows and more reddish and dark colours creating a sense of urgency and danger. The cave’s colours are cool and dark to represent the young dragon’s sadness and hopelessness as his home is destroyed.
HOW DOES THE CHARACTER DESIGN SUPPORT THE STORYTELLING?
The dragon characters are all designed to look civilized through means of posture and changing the menacing features of a dragon. By making them look and act more civilized,it creates a relate-able and understandable idea of a peaceful dragon city.
The human’s design makes them looks uncivilized through means of changing their posture similar to a hunched over gorilla.Their tribal look also helps show they are not a civilized group. The masks give ambiguity and make the humans not facially recognize able as individuals but as a group or pack.
HOW DO THE ENVIRONMENTS SUPPORT THE STORYTELLING?
The city and valley would reflect the serenity of the dragon city and how peaceful they are as a race.This would also make the uncivilized humans seem out of place and unwelcome as they would look menacing .
The cave environment would reflect the young dragon’s despair at the loss of his home and many of the dragon’s lives through being cold,dark and unwelcoming.




ENVIRONMENT:
Locations in my story are:
- Valley (where the city is located)
- Dragon city (where most of the story takes place)
- Cave (where the young dragon hides after the city is destroyed)

I spent a lot of the day looking up environment and style.
The beginning colours wise I see as the greens and blues to show hoe peaceful the dragon city and valley are.
Then when the humans attack at sunset I would use more red and black colours to show danger and threat of the humans presence.
And the caves would be cold and dark,showing how sad and hopeless the situation is for the young dragon.


STYLE:
I'm completely stuck when it comes to the look that I want.
I tried looking up a lot of shows I like but none of them aside from Wakfu seemed to fit.









CHARACTER:

I started doing a turnaround for the elder dragon as I just need to decide on it.
I haven't gotten around to his arms and cane yet,not sure what shape to make them.




The human race seem fine as they are,possibly more menacing colours or darker overall,possible the lighting could help as they could just be silhouettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment